Tuesday 16 April 2013

Reclaiming the Golden Age

It's sad how South African artists always complain about not being supported by their fellow people. I never understood until I started this blog, now I can sadly relate. I know black on black hate and let me not be a hypocrite because I am pretty sure I have also in my own way furthered it once upon a time when I was immature, but guess what? I grew up and so should you.

Hating, overlooking and belittling someone else's achievements is, lets face it childish. Bob Marley once preached the liberation from mental slavery, this is one of the things he was talking about. I once told a dear friend of mine that, people do not hate you and you living your dreams, they just hate themselves and the fact that they are too afraid to follow and live theirs. They hate you like a fat girl hates a fit girl, the fat girl does not hate the sexy girl because she is sexy, she hates her because she knows deep down inside she is also sexy too but she is too scared to be. People hate those that reflect and are not afraid to show the greatness that lies in everyone,including themselves.

I am sad and happy at the same time to announce that, although my blog keeps growing each day and I'm inundated with e mails that praise my work and inspire me to continue doing what I am doing, sadly these e mails and praises are from overseas and hardly from South Africa, where this blog is based and most importantly who this blog is for. Fact remains you can hate on me all you like, no one alive can suppress my shine, I will continue to shine brighter so my advice is you put on some shades,grab a mat and bask in my ambiance ans soak in as much as you can.

This is not only about me, its about all our artists who starve while we have the means to feed them.. Our culture,voice and identity is dying and we are contributing to this senseless genocide. I am talking about all the hustlers who wake up every day and do something to further their cause on this earth, the same hustlers who you overlook by not spending a mere 2 seconds following their links or viewing their various causes,which is free I might add,all because you're too lazy to start your own.

Keeping quiet and ignoring such would just mean I condone it and think it's right when it's not. Instead on hating on these people,hows about you try getting inspired by them? Black on black hate is what's wrong with this country,not the politics of the day. Colonisation took its toll on the nation,but that was hundreds of years ago now it's your responsibility to help in rebuilding what was broken. The soil is rich, irregardless of the blood spilt and tears that have fallen,plant something for the future generation to reap. Participating in this ignorance  and pettiness just furthers  in the now seemingly imminent eradication of a once great nation.

Kind Regards
Ms_Curvy

No comments:

Post a Comment