Thursday 13 June 2013

Thank God I am F.A.T( Fabulous And Thick)

While most parents were putting their little girls in beauty pageants and fuelling them with compliments about their looks, my mom was buying me books. I had my own book collection by the age of 5 and my own dictionary or rather pictionary by the age of six. I could read a newspaper by the age of eight and by the age of ten my father had purchased me my own set of Encyclopedia's. It's not that my mom did not notice or take care of my looks, she did  because she always insisted I have the best clothes and that I get my hair done at a Salon and not under a tree, she also put me in one or two fashion shows but that was it. Looks have never been considered as a quality or trait in my house, brains and smarts however are the order of the day. I think in my entire life I can count the occasions my father has commended me on the way I look, and for that I thank him.

I choose brains over beauty any day. Not that the looks aren't there, but because they make one shallow,conceited and stunt mental growth. How some people always centre their entire being on their looks baffles me. Its petty and down right sad. I refuse to be objectified, let alone objectify myself because of the way I look, unlike some empty people I know, I find it offensive because I know I am way more than that, way waaAAy more. You cannot help but feel pity for pretty faces  without any substance or real sense of self worth.

I call this piece, Thank God I am F.A.T because I really do. Being a big girl has made me who I am today and although being big was not a walk in the park, it helped shape me into who I am today. I spent time developing the other facets of myself, while others were too preoccupied with what they saw in the mirror. I disliked what I saw in the mirror so that meant I didn't spend too much time there and again I say THANK GOD. During this time, I learned indepedence,control and most importantly I strapped myself with enough information that makes me way smarter than most if not all the pretty or hot chicks I know. That is an undisputed fact! Whilst they were wasting their time on worthless and most times untrue compliments, I was reading and growing both mentally and spiritually.

Beauty really fades, I don't know whether people are aware of that. Every person is multi faceted but conceitedness, covers all of that and what  a person is reduced to at the end of the day is just another pretty face which will end up in some idiots bed because of him telling her things about herself(looks) she already knows anyway. I don't get why people want people telling them what they already know? At the end of the day being pretty is a con and not a pro because there is already a misconception that all pretty chicks are generally dumb, but do you really blame anyone who thinks that, when most beautiful girls are so superficial and vain and that's really all they are,trust me I have proven it. Anyway back to looks being a con, they are because compliments become a drug and these guys whose bed these girls end up in because of them, are pushers.  I don't understand how people who go on about their looks so much, end up sleeping around just to be told what they already know?!!

When people talk about me, in an ideal world I would like them to talk about my integrity, truth, wisdom,intelligence and good deeds. I never want to become an object,I have too many good qualities and I am,I repeat more than that. That's one thing I told someone I had relations with. I told him that if he is with me because its only about sex with him then he must let me know, because they are a lot of guys I can just have sex with and who would kill for the chance trust me,and that's all he thinks I am a sexual object,then shame on him for living a lie because even he knows I am way, waAAY more than that and I deserve better.

If you are over the age of 25 and are fixated on what you see on the mirror and what you see is your beginning and your end, then there is really nothing we can do to help you. You are in the darkness and the light has faded. If not you have until the age of 50 to try and scrap together and build what we spent the last 25 years scrapping together and erecting. Hence today I am a very steady and fit structure, standing on its own.

Kind Regards
Ms_Curvy


1 comment:

  1. Fank God dt iam Fabulous And Thick*extra smile#i love dz#

    ReplyDelete