Friday 9 September 2016

Once upon a dream

We were alive, it all made sense and it was all real then we woke up to our imperfections screaming it's all a dream. Life's a mirror, I constantly check my reflection and see you reflecting back. Days of old gone by, we swam against the tides of deceit and broken dreams. A promise of a new dawn looms in the distance as we squint trying to make sense of being awake. Sweet as it may, slumber we know is for the faint who spend their time idling. With both hands full and feet swiftly moving we ponder on what it all really means. We lose,we win,we learn,we fall we run we still stand the test of uncertainty. Working with what we have while trying to painfully let go of what we don't have anymore. Our efforts are like smilies in the wind, so alike but often swept away by doubt. Someone whispered write your heart song, i am the courage for you to see it through. With our eyes closed we meet, wherever we are. In a room filled with strange voices and cold bodies, we find comfort and warmth in the reality that is within us. Trying to make sense of it all we need the rest of our lives. I am bonded in fear and live in days of old where treachery and neglect ruled the day. A time when I would hate my reflection because I never saw you. A period of emptiness filled by a child growing inside of me, yet I was alone. With my knees hitting the floor I plead with God to set me free, break these shackles and stop me from wobbling but help me walk. I am walking, two children and unfulfilled prophecies on my back and front, we run. Run as fast as we can, like fish who swim unbeknown to them that there's snares everywhere, we swim past them, no that's not where we are going. We have a date with destiny. Once upon a dream It was penned, before it all came to an end in our heads.

Writer- Xolile Ngwenya

No comments:

Post a Comment