Sunday 2 January 2022

Dependency.

The narrative while I was growing up was never marriage and it still is not. 
This is for all those who question other peoples choices, we mean those living under the misapprehension that marriage is an achievement. In our country having a driver's license is an achievement so we are not surprised people think that getting married is a mark of success.

 The narrative for some is happiness and freedom. The happiness to choose how to live your life and make use of your own time and the freedom to be who you want to be, when you want to be with whom you want to be, without any labels. People shouldn't be worried about what is going on in other people's lives, they should be worried about the fact that, why are they worried about other people's lives in the first place!!!!!!!

Nywe nywe dogs bark at moving cars and people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. One thing you learn about life and human beings is that we are all flawed, we are all going through something. Why then do you choose to deflect on our own issues and compare them with someone elses to make yourself feel good? 

Its like an overweight person going in on an obese person, uhm you are both overweight and have serious problems with your health and eating habits. Does the other fat persons cellulite, magically remove your bulging stomach?  Why don't you go to the gym. This is called an anology, I used it to make my point. Hopefully my readers can read between the lines and I don't have to spell everything out to them....bleh. 

Some of my pieces are introspective and some retrospective. They are healing not only for the the writer hereof but also the reader. Sometimes I go into a trance while writing and lose myself in my words and the texts, I often wonder if the end user also finds themselves in the same place. 

Ladies need to hustle, this whole "a man must" sounds amazing on paper and on the gram but in reality it is a select few who reap the fruits that they didn't plant. 

For the rest of the realists and also select few women who have inherited the gift and curse of "reason" and thinking capacity its always those daunting questions that play in the back of their minds... 
"what if he loses it all" or " what is my role in life, am I just supposed to shut up and look pretty" or " what is my contribution to society" and " but I have my own voice, my own dreams and ambitions that I want to realize, surely I am more than just a pretty face".

The world changes because it has to. There was a once a time when men were the end all and be all in all societies and the household, but if it were so amazing and it worked so well then why did it change?  Is it because the principle was flawed and needed adjustment or was it because it was idealistic and not realistic? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment