Sunday 8 August 2021

Bishop T.D. Jakes Shares His Inspirational Lessons || STEVE HARVEY

So it's a Sunday and I usually use this day to reflect and re-centre myself. Since no man is an island I draw strength and inspiration from many great people who have walked this path on earth which we can all agree is very uncertain.

For as long as I can remember I've always loved watching Steve Harvey's comedy and found him hilarious. I distinctly remember being introduced to him by a friend of mine back when we were living in Pretoria who shared the love of comedy with me. I would literally re-watch his live shows and I remember there was so much cussing that i overlooked it and wanted to share it with my extremely strict father, until my mother intervened and stopped me.

Fast forward to the introduction of YouTube and the easy accessibility to information that changed my life. I can honestly say without out a shadow of doubt that Google and YouTube changed my life for the better. Every time I was down or unsure about something I would just Google it and a video would appear to speak me out of feeling sorry for myself. There is and was such an array of motivation for me to suck up and it started to change my mind and eventually my life.

I remember I was introduced to Bishop TD Jake's by my dear friend Nolwazi Maziya. Every time she would fetch me and we would be driving around in her car, the Bishop would be playing. I looked at her life and how it was transforming literally with every season, and I started thinking mmmmh there must be something in what she was telling me. There was a period of time in my life I started listening to him religiously and I started to see my mind and trajectory shift. His words had so much power and what he was saying was so relatable and made so much sense.

Today as we are all digging deep and trying to figure out somethings in our lives, I thought to share with you this video that I came across. I'm sharing it with the hopes that it will restore your faith today just like I did mine. We are all in this together, some might be in canoes, some in boats, some ships and some in yatchs but we are all sailing on unchattered territories and haven't the slightest idea when or what our destination is. All we need do is to have faith and hope that it will all work out together for our best interest. 

X. O. X. O
Ms_Curvy 

No comments:

Post a Comment