Wednesday 4 August 2021

WORD OF THE DAY


Word of the Day : August 4, 2021

flexuous

play
adjective FLEK-shuh-wus

Definition

1 : having curves, turns, or windings

2 : lithe or fluid in action or movement

Did You Know?

Flexuous is a synonym of curvy. It is typically used in botany to describe plant stems that aren't rigid. But don't let that tendency deflect you from occasionally employing this ultimately quite flexible word. Stemming straight from Latin flectere, meaning "to bend," it can also mean "undulating" or "fluid." It might, for example, be used of writing or music, or of something or someone that moves with a fluid sort of grace.

Source- https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day 

DISCLAIMER: 
So when I started my blog in 2012, I introduced "word of the day". I find it extremely comical that my first "word of the day" in I do not know how long, is flexuous, the definition of the word is even funnier because my pseudonym is "Ms Curvy" go figure. One could say that it is written in the stars or it's fate!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment