Thursday 5 September 2013

Setting the record straight.

It's sad how I just googled Cleopatra and all the pictures that showed up were of a white woman with braids? White people in Egypt ne? For you who don't know Queen Cleopatra, shame on you. I looked her up to show some ladies what a Queen who looks like them has on her head and that is? Braids. So this automatically invalidates the ladies who want to justify a full on wig by bringing up braids. It's an Afrikan thing, if you knew,maybe you would understand. I refuse to submit to what someone else thinks beauty is, what about my true beauty? Which is my fro. The last piece has  ruffled a few feathers and has created a lot of argument,discussion and criticism. Let me say I have noted all of that, especially how most people are so quick to go on about how I am saying don't do what what. I had to correct a commenter on that, let me set the record straight, I am not telling anyone what to do, I am merely telling you to THINK!

You must not rush to judgement before you understand the gist of the matter or underlying tone. It's funny how I was "reminded" of how I put on a weave like that's suppose to automatically invalidate what I wrote. Let me set the record straight again, It does not in any way. The fact that I put on a weave before is the very same thing that influenced my thoughts and what I wrote. The truth does not have any shades, it is what it is. I understand that some ladies are not ready to take in that truth right now, its fine take your time but do not dispute it or try to justify it, it don't need no justification.

Back to my advice of reading and understanding the underlying message, I would like to break down 3 points of criticism that have been levelled against me. Firstly the fact that I know people or have friends who put it on does not mean I am not entitled to voice my opinion. So in other words if my friends were sluts or I knew people who slept around, raising up promiscuity is out of the question?  Fuck outta here! Secondly, the statement about fake hair, fake nails and a real man. For some reason unbeknown to me,you missed the point, which is, looking good or 'taking care' of yourself does not mean being fake from your scalp down to your damn toenails. Looking good does not mean sleeping around for a wig either, for those who raise their eyebrows, you know it happens. With that said, I am not saying everyone who puts it on has to get laid for it.Lastly the truth about little girls is they look up to us,their mothers. We are hidden in so many other peoples identities we have forgotten our own so what are we going to teach and pass down our princesses except for self hate?

What I was trying to tell you was to stop telling your little girls through conduct that covering your crown is ok. The fact that we convince ourselves that our hair grows under those things is contradicted by the fact that it's covered by somebody elses. Why should it be hidden and need someone elses to grow? Why doesn't it grow on its own.I repeat, I was not telling you what to do, I was simply telling you to think.

Kind Regards
Ms_Curvy

No comments:

Post a Comment