Friday 29 December 2017

Snack-Shack

the Snack-Shack started after frequent visits to Lanyandza Nomcebo Magongo's house at Stonehenge. she was always cooking and every time I got to her house she would always cook the best food. her presentation of the food was unparraleled.
one day I was attending a funeral at the hood and you know how they go. it always turns into a reunion. anyway here we are with some friends catching up after a funeral and you know how the dialectics go. it is almost always about who slept with who and who has money now. conversation got boring for me very quickly.
it struck a cord! why are we always discussing other people's success and end up hating them for it because we are too absorbed in their lives? the amount of time people put in trying to find out how and why people made their money is beyond me. so there I was thinking..that amount of energy we put in other people's business I should put in my own. pretty sure I said it out loud too.
2017 was casually driving past the hood when I came across what is now known as the Snack -Shack. it was not easy trying to convince people to invest in my dream. if we would tell you how many doors were shut in our faces, you will respect us for not giving up. we tried and tried even more until we finally got the capital for a start-up together.
 the first point of departure for me was the artwork. it had to be perfect. it had to inspire and grab attention at the same time. the most important of all about the artwork was it had to be the first of its kind in the hood and secondly it had to showcase a young artist by the name of Dannie Mokoena' s skills. the art had to show to him and all those around what they are capable of anything if they push themselves. all he had was a brief and a blank canvass. colour we proclaimed. colour!
 sourced the colours myself because everyone was starting to meddle a lot and tell me it can't be done. note how you should keep your ideas to yourself if you are weak because nay sayers will try to dampen your spirits. mixed the colours in accordance with the characters I wanted. the skin tones of utmost importance. we iz black and this here is Africa.

let the children come to me said Jesus Christ when the disciples turned them away. let the children come to me, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them. we had them in mind when we designed the layout. children are the future you know. with that said we accommodate everyone also. we hope to continue to give a great service and receive an amazing pay at the end of the day.

we are situated at Kanyamazane township e 2 ,Gogo Shankie's street. the owner of the property was a prolific woman hence she had an entire street named after her.

the streets we operate from were paved by Mr Robert Gumede. we dubbed them billionaire avenue. it is only fit that we call it to existence.

our menu has variety for every age group. thank you to NYDA we recently got ourselves a popcorn machine and milkshake machine.

we sell:
kota's
burgers
chips
dagwoods
hotdogs etc.
come through next time you are in town and tell us what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment