Thursday 8 November 2012

Saving the BEST for last..

When we first talked to each other
I knew we would always be friends.
Our friendship has kept on growing
And I'll be here for you to the end.

You listen when I have a problem
And help dry the tears from my face.
You take away my sorrow
And put happiness in its place.

We can't forget the fun we've had
Laughing 'til our faces turn blue.
Talking of things only we find funny
People think we're insane-If they only knew!

I guess this is my way of saying thanks
For catching me when I fall.
Thanks once again for being such a good friend
And being here with me through it all.


 
 
 
 
 
This is a very special one. So special that it took me the whole day to muster the courage to write it. Thinking of the words chokes me up so much I have tears in my eyes as we speak.
It all started with this “Where did you say you got the Government Gazette?” Four years and a couple of months later I’m am still the happiest woman in the world. Out of all the relationships and friendships, short and long, you have been the most real.
I know you always go on about how everyone gets a feature and you don’t and I always tell you I save the BEST for last. That is what you are my BEST FRIEND. God sent you at a time when I had lost hope in both men and friendship. He sent me an embodiment of both. I always say there are not enough words and in your case I really mean there are not enough words, or maybe they are but I am too emotional to remember them all.
Today is your Birthday, and you deserve something that you’ve always been and that is special. When people walked out of my life you entered and stayed. You made my heart your home. Speaking of home, you are the only man I have ever brought home. We have had our fair share of ups and downs but the love and mutual respect we have for each other always pulled us through. We grew up together; I am a better person because I have you in my life.
If there is ever one person who got it from day one, accepted it with no questions and never let go, that is you. I’m sorry to break it to you but I am keeping you for life. You are part of who I am. I thought about copying and pasting another person’s words but how could that possibly define an ORIGINAL? Every word comes from a place that a very few, including you have seen and have access to and that is my heart. A heart I thought no one could ever match, until I met you.
Toni Braxton once sang “let me count the ways”, well let me. You were there when no one else was, people throw that around but they don’t know what it really means, but you gave it definition. You wiped my tears more times than a Kleenex, you picked me up more times than I fell, at times I think you were always there waiting just in case. I look back and think about all the times you could have left but you never, you stayed true to what we found in each other even though there were times I didn’t see it.
Call us Will and Grace or Carrie and Stanford, whatever you choose we are fabulous either way. It’s been a journey but I enjoyed every bend and turn although I complained more times than I care to remember. You have never left my side or let go of my hand. Here is to your 24th and the next 24 years together. There is no Ms_Curvy without you my Fairy. Having you in my life has made it feel like a fairy tale, you really are a magical creature.   
Men and money come and go, so did most groupies we mistook as friends but you and I are forever. So from me to you HAPPY BIRTHDAY KABELO SEAKGOE may God continue to bless you and your beautiful heart. You deserve and will receive so much more. My love for you is infinite and most importantly constant. Oh! My AndrĂ© Leon Talley the Editor at Large of my life, I hope this is fitting for you on your special day.
 Instead of 24 candles on your cake, I thought 24 snapshots of your life and all those who hold you close to them is is even better!

























No comments:

Post a Comment