Tuesday 1 January 2013

Quality.

So this is it 2013! Look back and thank God for seeing you through all the hurts,disappointments,good and the best times that's what I tell myself.

This goes out to the year 2012, where I found myself. I understand who I am and I own it. I am who I am from the moment I open my eyes in the morning to the moment I close them to go to sleep. Last year I cried, laughed, and shared more of myself more than I ever have.

i employ and live by the words Quality over Quantity. With that said I have surrounded myself with what I know I am and that is quality. I am thankful for new friendships and rekindled ones. I have said this numerous times before, people walk in and out of your life for a reason, the quantity of those people does not take or give anything to who you are.

I lived and I loved myself,I don't need a mirror anymore people's expressions say it all. I love myself from my cute toe nails all the way up to my natural hair. Now I believe I am truly ready to give myself to someone wholly and love them because I know what love is, it starts with me. As we embark on the new year I wish that we remember who we are, what we want, what we don't want and that we always stay true to that.

The festive season is over now so it's back to work. I have opened a new page in my little diary and I will write my heart out until the ink runs dry. This is to new beginnings. Old chapters have been closed, some things belong and are left in the last year. Some people will not be part of our future's or present because when the clock struck midnight, like Cinderella's glass slipper they were left behind.

I built a wall around myself and my people who I hold close to my heart, you know who you are. The rest however can keep their damn keys, these locks have been changed.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that. year 2012 i cried, laughed, lost but most importantly gained. i found myself, believed in myself and let go. im happy and pleased to say letting go was thee best decision i ever made, one good thing came out of 2012, and that is the resurfacing of Nolwazi Maziya. thanks to ur blogs as well my friend. Heres to 2013 a year of abundant growth and achievement. to the growth of this blogspot and many more dreams yet to be achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes.....Making 2013 a year for love, hope, grace, and change. Regardless of how 2012 ended, start 2013 with pure, unadulterated hope.
    Regardless I'm currently call myself a Christian or not, know that your 2012 has already been forgiven, and that 2013 is an ocean of Grace that is waiting for my arrival.
    We’re all human. We’re all broken. We all need Jesus. Smile, knowing you have The Lord on your side. 
    In Christ we find true joy, hope, and purpose. 

    Happy New Years. Let's employ and live by the words Quality over Quantity.

    ReplyDelete