Wednesday 29 August 2012

Music in the air...


I love music. I don’t know how many people out there share my sentiments but I’m pretty sure it’s everybody. Music can help you fall madly in love or help salvage what is left of a broken heart. Every time you listen to a song it sparks some memory of something whether it be happiness or hurt. We have all found ourselves in a cross roads and turned to music to help us make a decision. You turn to it to either find comfort or reassurance.  

 I have found that if you want to get over something  for example, you should never listen to songs that remind you of all the happy times. A song can induce a range of emotions and you don’t want to find yourself stuck in a memory that makes you question the decisions you’ve made or are about to make. I have once again appointed  myself the task of listing a number of songs you should listen to if you want to move on, keep moving, be inspired and most importantly stay.

 

Top 5 Songs for moving on:

Exhale_ Whitney Houston

No more drama_ Mary J Blidge

Erykah Badu_ Tyrone


Xfactor_ Lauryn Hill

Toni Braxton_ Let it flow



Top 5 songs to keep moving:

Beyonce_ Me Myself and I

Keisha Cole_ Sad and lonely

Phil Collins_ In the air tonight

Lira_ Hamba ( aka vokof)

Jazmine Sullivan_ Bust the windows

 

Top 5 songs to inspire you:

Letta Mbulu_ Not yet uhuru

Labi Siffre_Something inside so strong

Stevie Wonder_ Es  Una Historia

Sam Cooke_ Change is gonna come

Bob Marley_ Redemption song



Top 5 songs that will make you stay:

Sade_ Is it a crime

Toni Braxton_ I want to be your baby

Patti LaBelle_ Love, want and need you

Kem_ Love never fails.

Luther Vandross_ Here and  now.


Kind Regards

Ms_Curvy

No comments:

Post a Comment