Saturday 22 September 2012

Finger licking good.



Finger Licking Good.
 

F
orget K.F.C and its finger licking good, there is another kind of licking going on out there and its called Shothane a new style of dress that has turned Soweto upside down. I unlike most people did not get to watch the 3rd Degree episode about this new craze. Facebook, Twitter and BBM spread it like wild fire and everyone has either seen a picture or video of these fantastical creatures called Izikhothane, well I have one better I am related to one.

We always knew he was special. When we were doing this he kept saying he is not a Skhothane and that he is only doing this because I’m his sister and I asked him, but when he started grabbing attention at Nambitha Restaurant in Orlando  he soon unleashed his alter ego much to the amusement of the onlookers who wanted to take picture either of him or with him. To his defense he does not burn money or clothes and he has been drinking Ultra Mel all his life.
 
 
 

Going around Soweto with him made us celebrities wherever we appeared especially with my camera on hand, egging him to give me more poses. He was nervous at first but the minute he saw how people were responding to him he gave me what I’ve always known to expect from London, and that is a great performance especially when we came across three other Skhothane’s at a park in Diepkloof. The minute he got off the car waving his Arbiter and RM’s in one hand, a BOTTLE OF Johnnie Walker on the other and 5 pairs of the most colourful DMD’s on his shoulder, we damn near shut the park down.

He dropped his shoes on the ground and I swear to God we had to fight the kids to get them back. We had a crowd of screaming children, taking videos and pictures with their cellphones. I t was a mob. Two police vans and a truck later, I kid you not, there was a bit of calm. He successfully did it, uba khothile! They measure this by counting how many items of clothing you have that are true to the skothane style of dress and that is a DMD, Sfarzo jean, Disel belt, RM shoes or Arbiter which he as you guessed it, had.

The putting together of this meant I had a team that assisted all the way. Special mention goes to my main man Camara aka The Transporter, who made sure we got to where we had to go even if it meant driving in peak hour traffic behind a Metro police in the Rea Vaya lane *respect*. Special thanks and mention also goes to Tibello (Linda’s girlfiend) who was my wardrobe assistant and made sure London had a wardrobe change when it was required. I could never forget you Lebo aka Mabokodo for the being my wing man and giving his friend the confidence when he needed it.













 
 
 













Kind Regards
Ms_Curvy
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment