Wednesday 19 September 2012

To my son.


Dear Son,

I know mommy is not there when you open your eyes in the morning or when you close them at night. I also know mommy is not there to kiss it better when it hurts or to pick you up on the couch and tuck you safely into bed when you fall asleep in front of the telly.

I know mommy is not there to give you a back rub when your tummy hurts or to sing you a lullaby when you don’t want to sleep. I want you to know that it hurts that mama is not there to walk you to school or kiss you goodbye when she drops you off or to give you a hug when she comes to pick you up. It hurts mommy that she is not there to see you holding a pen and trying to learn how to write your first set of numbers or name. Words will never begin to describe how much mommy hurts when she hears the sadness in your voice evey time she calls, because she can feel you don’t understand why she is not there.


All of the sadness that mommy feels every day and every hour is made a bit better by the fact that all this is for you. I want you to know that I loved you before I even knew you were coming. I gave you that beautiful name because it expressed what I felt the moment I knew you were growing inside of me, a love that GREW like no other. Everything I do, I do for you. You taught me things in a very short period of time and that was to love unconditionally and you taught me how to be selfless. Having you made me accountable for my actions and my precious child; you would not have come at a better time.

I want you to know I could write a novel that would rival J.R.R Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, only mine would not contain any whimsical creatures and strange faraway lands; mine would be about how much I love you and what I want for you.

Being a parent means you get a glimpse of the ideas God has for every single one of us as his children. Jeremiah 29 v 11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Those are the plans I have for you, plans that are bigger than your wildest imagination.

I know it’s asking a lot from you since you are so young but you have your mommy’s brains and I know you will understand, mommy wants you to practice one of the greatest virtues, and that is to be PATIENT. Wait on me I promise I won’t take longer than I already have, we too will have our time under the son, like Will Smith once said, Just the 2 of us. With you by my side I have all that I need.

See now you got mommy all teary but believe me when I say, I have planned us MORE!



Love,hugs and kisses.

Mommy_Curvy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment