Monday 15 October 2012

Co_Writer


You love me especially different every time
You keep me on my feet happily excited
By your cologne, your hands, your smile, your intelligence
You woo me, you court me, you tease me, you please me
You school me, give me some things to think about
Ignite me, you invite me, you co-write me, you love me, you like me
You incite me to chorus....


You're different and special
You're different and special in every way imaginable
You love me from my hair follicles to my toenails
You got me feeling like the breeze, easy and free and lovely and new
Oh when you touch me I just can't control it
When you touch me, I just can't hold it
The emotion inside of me, I can feel it..

 

If there is ever one song that embodies what love is and how it feels it will have to be Jill Scott's, He loves me. I have in number of occasions mentioned my love for the spoken word and music. Then there are people who give you both of that. It's like coming at the same time. My love for words knows no bounds; I love how they come to life with the assistance of beautiful instruments and transport me to a world where things are possible.

 

Every time I hear this song, I am assured that I am not imagining the man I want in my life. She, in every line describes what every woman I have ever met wants. Not in any part of her expression, does she mention money or material things. She is talking about feelings. How a man should make you feel and not what he must give you. That is what it is at the end of the day isn't it. Maya Angelou says:

 

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

 

This song gives men a glimpse into the female psyche and what we really want. Ultimately every woman I know is looking for someone who will love her differently, there is no guide it is just what it is, different. Someone who has a scent that gets you all excited just with one whiff, that scent that lets you know he is home. A man who is willing to teach his woman what she needs to know and most importantly how to treat him and please him. A King who will never stop courting her even though she has become his, someone who understands that a woman needs to be reminded regularly why he chose her and what makes him want to be with her and her only.

Incite me to chorus..She is talking about that man who gives you that feeling that is so overwhelming your heart just belts out a song. A man who invites you to be part of his life and world, the man who co-writes your life in collaboration with God. Someone who causes you to stop and think, someone who teaches you things that you never knew, that’s the man she is talking about. A patient teacher, of life and true pleasure.

That is the man I want, that is the man you want and that is the man you can be.

 

Kind Regards

Ms_Curvy

No comments:

Post a Comment