Tuesday 2 October 2012

Give up my gun? I'm female, not stupid!

I have always called men chauvinists especially ones I have met who have lived up to the title, but I am here to say I have met their master. I have met someone who puts a whole new spin to the term MALE CHAUVINISTIC PIG. Thinking about him, his speech and his mannerism gets my blood bursting out of my pores and  I literally break into hives. I have heard of ignorant male supremacists but I never thought in my wildest dreams I would come across one, without a gun in my possession.
 
Is it just me or has the world evolved? Is it just me or are women more than mules that men can ride until they buckle and let up? Well he sure as hell did not not seem to think so. I hate how these beasts use culture as a shield to justify their ignorance. I came across a man who has never heard of evolution. As far as I'm concerned he was raised by wolves in a cave and that stands until the contrary is proven. So in a nutshell what transpired was we had a brief meeting and we were introduced and he left. Upon his his return he found his friend in the kitchen cooking. He continued to speak in his mother tongue assuming of course that because of my accent and the way I was dressed that I had no idea as to what he was saying. He actually went on discussing me in my presence because I guess to him I was not black?!

I was shocked at the fact that by finding his friend in the stove he remarked, "I thought you had found something." I have a lot of talents but biting my tongue unfortunately is not one of them. He continued to make snide remarks and what shocked me was how he just continued oblivious to the fact that I understand and hear everything he is saying. Back to what he said, I was outraged jumped up and approached him. I asked him what any person in possession of all their devices would ask and that is WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHERE DO YOU COME FROM TALKING SH*T? So automatically just because he found his friend in the kitchen that minuses 50 marks off my score sheet and that invalidates me as a woman?  What he was saying inadvertently is that your value as woman is measured by the number of chores you can do and how far you are willing to go to being a robot.
 

I make absolutely no apologies or excuses for who and what I am. My worth is not in front of the stove or on the damn ironing board. I will never be compelled to bend over backwards for anyone just because they are in possession of some testicles. You earn your keep with me. I was not raised to be someones wife but I was raised to take care of myself and to be a strong and independent woman. Imagine being raised to be a wife and not a woman?  Your life is predetermined and that is all you will ever know or ever will be. Imagine living a life that limited, with no absolutely no opinion or mind of your own. Imagine living a life of subservience and that is all you know and not being able to make decisions for yourself ?  And all for what , upholding some cultural ideal that allows some brute to feel like half  a man?  Good thing they have mountain schools where parents allow their children to cut real school in order to be taught the reason why they are here in the first place, and that is to make a man happy. Screw them and if they are happy or not. If you want someone who starts bending over backwards the minute your car pulls up in the garage, start heading to the nearest village when these girls right of passage is almost done and go choose there,not here!

Good thing he understood that this is a jungle , stripes for stripes and spots for spots. Even better that his cultural background only allows him to stick to his own... Thank God! With that said I am not saying I don't do chores, I do and I do it better than most people I know, what I was saying however is that my value as a woman must not be attached to that. Taking care of a man is an honour that a woman does from her heart, it is not a job! I know what I have to do but I never want anyone to make me feel like I have to do it, or else everything I am or have is nothing just because I don't iron. Am I the only one who understands that we are all not raised them the same some people's norms are other peoples extremes and vice versa. Just becuse all I have known all my life is a tap and not a bucket does not mean I am less of a woman. We make do with what we are given and I was given a washing machine.
 
Kind Regards
Ms_Curvy

1 comment:

  1. uyany....loyo. fuc him and his testosterone self, nxahhh he's fucken crazy friend....

    ReplyDelete