Friday 19 October 2012

The Color Purple




I am having a quiet Friday afternoon, it’s just me and Ms Alice Walker. My brain is in need of some serious exercise what with the exams coming up. I have watched the Color Purple and it remains one of my favourite movies but today I am reading the book. I’m ashamed to say I haven’t read in a while. I feel like such a hypocrite because I am always preaching to people to read. We need to make reading a part of our lives.

That is why I started this blog, you might not open a novel but just browsing through my posts qualifies as reading. If you do it every day, even better. Enough with the free advertising on my part now it’s back to Celie. I have a box of Kleenex next to me I feel like they’re going to come in handy. Did I mention that Alice Walker is a Pulitzer Prize winner? For those who don’t know what a Pulitzer is, it’s the literature world’s version of an Oscar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment