Friday 5 October 2012

Taking CHARGE of his destiny.




 

G

enesis1:3 And God said let there be light! Meet Thabo Magagula or Touch has he has come to be known amongst his friends. He is a 25 year old Engineering graduate from The University of Johannesburg. This young man is already causing electric waves; pun intended in his chosen career path. I speak to him and find out what success means to him and how he is enjoying the fruits of his hard labour.
1.      Thabo Magagula is .. A product of the kasi with a dream of making it big like everyone has.



 
2.  Thabo has  accomplished.. A lot but my B.Eng. in Electrical &Electronic degree has to stands out and not because it was accomplished in record time but mainly its relevance in life.


 
3.      This makes me feel.. Dignified and that humbles me.

 
4.      How I got there?  Hard work like most people in fact varsity is all about that, because “uzofeyila mawungagelezi”.


5.      The first time I got to UJ I remember thinking.. Would I make it or I came to feed the statistics but through God I pulled through...Amen
 

 

6.      My last day at UJ was.. I had mixed emotions, I even felt like it came soon coz I was still enjoying the best time/stage of my life which, was student life.
 

7.      The hardest thing

about university has to be.. Being disciplined and actually studying lol.

 

8.      When I got that paper I said. It’s done, it was that déjà vu feeling I had with my last paper in matric but it only happens when you’re crazy prepared.

 

9.       03-06-2012...was the first time I went overseas.
 

 

10.  The first thing I saw when I landed was...  The France airport jam packed with Air France planes then it started sinking in.
 
 


 

   11.  My first impression

of Europe was.. That everyone knows English, only to find out that’s not the case.


12.  The difference between engineering in South Africa and overseas is.. They are more passionate and also more insightful but thanks to the fact that engineering is born there, here in RSA/Africa we mainly maintain and assembly we don’t do things from scratch.eg automobile industry.  

13.  Before I boarded that plane .. My boys and I made a movie at the Airport in Capellos. We were sipping on mojito’s for my farewell.
 

14.  I’m an ambassador of my trade because.. I am passionate about what I do.
 

15.  I never leave home without.. my Smart Phone, Sneakers and toilet bag in my car.

 


 
 
 
 
 
16.  My three most expensive buys to date are..My car, Burberry cologne and taking a spin in a Yatch.

 

 17.  Every guy you should not go without.. Swag. 


18.  In the next 5 years I see ..my career peaking.


19.  What I wish the young Thabo knew.... that the past will never determine the

future.
 

20.  My definition of a young diamond is.. Being able to shine under trying circumstances.

 

 

21.  Success is.. How many people you have blessed. That is how I measure my success.

 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment